Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Finds #6

It's Friday, the day where Roxy and I share the treasures we've found over the past week. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Let me know!

First on our list is a blog post that hit close to home for me. The thing I hate most about my job is dealing with callous people. Stupid people are frustrating, but callous people just tear at my soul. I've watched people dump their pets at the shelter for trivial reasons, knowing the animal will be euthanized and walk away no more concerned than if they were throwing out empty pizza boxes. Apparently veterinarians have similar issues. (I'm surprised that this surprised me!) Diary of a Real-Life Veterinarian articulates it beautifully in the post Taking A Stand And Facing Consequences.

I absolutely loved Five Fun Ways to Get Fit With Your Dog from Rubicon Days. Make sure to follow all the links within the article for even more info. Then get up, grab the leash and go outside. Your dog will thank you!

I enjoyed Train Your Dog for a 5K Run from Dog Channel. The article is ok (go ahead and read it), but it's the idea that gets me excited. This is something I'd love to do (even though I'm fat and lazy). Jedi and I planned to walk one last February but a bout of pneumonia knocked me on my butt and I was out of commission for weeks. Still, I'd like to try again (even though I'm fat and lazy). A girl can dream, right?

I'm obsessed with pet photography. (With two gorgeous German Shepherds, how could I not be?) I have learned that it's not easy getting a good picture, so anytime I see tips I pay attention. I was amazed by 5 Dog Photography Ideas You Can Shoot At Home. They're so simple! This was passed to me by Kol's Notes and I thought it so good that I'm passing it on to you.

On the left is a meme that made me giggle. Hope it makes you smile too.

Finally, I loooove raffles and contests (though I seldom win). Here's a fun contest I found. Enter to win an embroidered cap, a silhouette t-shirt and a personalized travel mug, all featuring the breed of your choice from Your Breed Clothing Company (make mine a GSD please).

Thanks for joining us on this week's Friday Finds. I hope these things have made you think, laugh or feel inspired. Meet us here again next week. TTFN, -- K

P.S. Did you find something you think is share-worthy? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment