Monday, April 21, 2014

The Good, The Bad, The Goodies!

What a weekend. I am so glad it's over! I think I bit off more than I could chew with both working the shows and participating in the shows. Sometimes I forget that I'm not in my twenties anymore.
 
I was sore after our Specialty Shows on Friday. I handed Jedi off to a teenager, Sweetie, for the Match on Saturday. A Match is a practice show (no points) for newer dogs and handlers. Jedi likes Sweetie and she said she could use the practice. She also handled Jedi's mother, Zasha, and half brother, Trump. Sweetie was switching dogs ringside like a pro. So how did they do? Jedi and Sweetie took first place in the class, then took best dog, THEN took best in match! (Zasha took best bitch.) The judge said some very favorable things about Jedi too. I was very proud. And then a bit sad. Maybe all the second place ribbons are saying "It's the handler, not the dog." I need to step up my game if I'm going to be an owner/handler.

Look at those Easter colors. How fitting. Sorry about the picture, Jedi stomped on the ribbons.
Something came up and Jedi didn't take the Temperament Test like I had wanted. I'm a bit disappointed. His mother, brothers and sister all took it and passed. I'm sure he would have passed as well. Hopefully we'll have another chance to take it in the future.

We had a gift basket raffle at the end of the day and I won big. LOOK!


This one is huge and really heavy. It's full of toys and treats and more. And I got this one too:


You can't see it, but there is a treat launcher in the back, along with a couple tug toys and more treats. The dogs are going to be so happy.

Sunday was cold and damp. (Surprise! The weatherman lied.) Our club hosted the Futurity/Maturity shows. This is a special match just for breeders. The way I understand it, breeders nominate their litters before the puppies are whelped (born). The young dogs are shown months later and the money from the nomination fees is split among the winners. I'm pretty sure there's more to it, but I can't find a better explanation anywhere.

Jedi stayed home on Sunday while Hubby and I worked the shows and then broke down the site. Thankfully clean-up went faster than I had expected because we were all tired. Is it wrong to say that I'm glad the shows are over? -- K

P.S. One final picture. Madam President had a photographer ringside taking candid shots. Here's one of me and Jedi. Just ignore random smoking dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment