Monday, November 4, 2013

GOOD Business Cards

Two weeks ago I shared my bad business cards and asked for help finding good, inexpensive ones. Overwhelmingly you all said Vista Print. Kimberly over at Keep the Tail Wagging told me about Fiverr: a place where talented people will do all kinds of thing (including designing a unique business card that is Vista Print ready) for $5. Intrigued, I checked it out. I found CallMeFay from Indonesia on Fiverr. I emailed her a picture and some information and asked her to create something that made me look good. In less than 24 hours I got this:


How awesome is this?! I couldn't be happier. (Like the picture? That's Jedi as a puppy. The original picture is here.) I specified that I was going to send the finish product to Vista Print so she sent me the design in two formats (.pdf and .jpeg). After that, it took me a whole 5 minutes to order my cards from Vista Print. They arrived in 8 days (less than half the delivery time of the other place) and I got twice as many cards for about what I spent for the first batch.

BTW, did you know that Vista Print is based out of the Netherlands? I didn't know until I got my PayPal receipt. (UPS says my package came from Ohio though.) I am very happy with my new cards, but am little concerned that it took people on three continents to make me look good!

Thanks everyone who offered advice. I wish I had asked the first time! And if you have some free time, check out Fiverr. You'll be amazed what people will do for five bucks. -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment